config -> default

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Nov 26 20:46:01 CET 2003

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> this fixup is at the top of next week's list now that sc '03 is over.
>
> sc '03 is a major event that pretty much eats up nov. for us, so sorry for
> the inconvenience.

Not a major problem.  Annoying to update config.g and not have your
BIOS flash for a multitude of reasons but not a major problem.  Mostly
I need the old expr or the equivalent to guarantee formulas and if
statements always use the final value of a variable.

The good news is that the default/option thing reverted I now am building
with the new build system and unless anyone else was using the old system
we can kill all of the Config files.

My focus right now is to get one last update for Lightning that is effectively
the current tree.  With better error handing for smbus failures and an optimized
number of resets so we have less exposure to smbus bugs.

While I am doing that I am finding that I am getting a lot of code review done
on things that I had to do quickly to get Lightning out the door and didn't quite
implement right.

Once it looks like everything is in a reliable state for lightning
hopefully I can focus on what is needed to finish off the freebios2
core so we can freeze it at some point and start getting releases so
we can tell people where to look to build things.  I want to get the
pirq and mptables autogenerated.  And I think I want to do some
generalizations with respect to capabilities, so they can have methods
etc.  (Solving the problem of how to handle buggy HT devices).

Anyway I am rambling and I need to get home.  Talk to you after the Holidays.

Eric