855gme chip set support

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Jan 11 06:16:01 CET 2005

Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

> Finally, Intel web docs are so useless (this is intentional) that I just
> put the whole thing on the shelf until I can develop a viable reverse
> engineering strategy for this part, or, better yet, stop developing on
> Intel chipsets ever again.
>
> ron

Odd how this is happening with Intel since they have an entire division
dedicated to embedded computing and Linux support yet they cripple open
source BIOS development. You'd think with all the poor course decisions
at Intel in the past few years they'd open up vs more closely tighten
something as simple and non threatening to Intel as chipset BIOS specs.
Is Phoenix or is M$ really the one behind keeping chipset BIOS specs
under lock and key?

On the other hand AMD is open to open BIOS development but you have to
jump through hoops to get docs from AMD chipset vendors at times and AMD
chipsets are really just for proof of concept and product launch vs
production.

-Bari