[LinuxBIOS] EPIA result

Jun OKAJIMA okajima at digitalinfra.co.jp
Sun May 15 08:59:38 CEST 2005

Here is my result of current LinuxBIOS. And still does not work.
Do you have any advice? Especially, lx1 / epia would run with very little
effort, I suppose. What I have missed?

BTW, I even have not got EPIA-M with VIA fast boot util running.
Why? any advice? I used a single-bank 128 MB DDR-266 DDR RAM
which the doc assigns and tried both BIOS_R and BIOS_D,
but even debug messages from a serial port do not come.

                      --- Okajima, Jun.

Source:
  freebios--devel--2.0--patch-30.tar.bz2
  freebios--devel--1.0--base-0.tar.bz2
Payload:
  filo.elf with USB from Etherboot-5.4.0
M/B:
  EPIA C800 with 128M SDRAM on slot0 and 512M SDRAM on slot1.
  EPIA MII 12000 with 128M single bank DDR.
both are confirmed to work in Linux and Windows.
mems are checked with memtest86 and no problem.

result:
lx1 / epia   -> can not load a payload. maybe I missed something?
lx1 / epiam  -> can not recognize SDRAM.
lx2 / epia   -> stuck with MTTR stuff.
lx2 / epiam  -> can not build.