[LinuxBIOS] abuild result

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 05:55:39 CET 2005

oh, wow, what a mess. There's a lot to fix still. We'll be looking at each
of these in turn, to try to get them to build. The last batch of patches
from people left the tree in a very unhealthy state.

We're going to have to watch this a lot more closely. If we can't improve
the situation somehow, the only thing I can think of to do is limit people
to sending in patches via the issue tracker, and shrinking the set of people
who can commit down to a very small circle. Based on what I'm seeing here,
the current setup is not working. I have not wanted to do this as we here at
LANL don't have tons of free time to monitor patches, but the current
situation can not continue.

I think the earlier suggestion, of requiring positive evidence that abuild
works after a patch, might be right. only problem -- abulid is making
mistakes. The digital logic msm586 bulid fails in abuild, and works fine
otherwise. oops.

thanks

ron