[LinuxBIOS] help selecting bios savour for EPIA-M

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Jun 19 09:58:42 CEST 2006

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 10:47:20PM +0100, bios at lists.actweb.info wrote:

> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> I hunted google and the lists but cant find a definate answer for this
> :(
>
> Can someone tell me which RD1-BIOS Savior from ioss.com.tw, I would
> need to work with the VIA-EPIA-M motherboards?  I dont curently have
> one of these and it is going to be a week or 2 before i get it :(

I am using an RD1-PL with my EPIA-M (the original BIOS chip is an SST
39SF020A).

> Also one other question :) If the M board takes a 1Mb Flash, can I use
> a 2Mb Flash chip? (or takes a 2Mb and use a 4Mb) will the board accept
> it? would i be able to access the extra space for, say installing a
> kernel or other software?

I believe this depends on the board; you need the extra address line(s)
brought out to the socket for it to work. I haven't tried it myself. The
EPIA-M is a 2M (ie 256Kbyte) part.

> Also if anyone can recomend a supplier for the RD1 in the UK, that
> would be great

I'm in the UK and couldn't find a supplier easily when I looked; I
ordered from http://www.eksitdata.com/

J.

--
Avoid temporary variables and strange women.