[LinuxBIOS] Problem to Support SuperIO Winbond W83977AF

ccases at navista.fr ccases at navista.fr
Tue Apr 3 09:17:43 CEST 2007

> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:03:07PM +0200, ccases at navista.fr wrote:
>> I have create a linuxbios file for my embeded mother board call
>> Adavantech
>> PCM-5823, and I have some problem with the fonctionality of the superIO
>> winbond W83977AF/TF, when I put LinuxBIOS in my chip, I have nothing on
>> screen and no information on the COM port.
>
> VGA is initialized a lot later, getting serial output is the first step,
> usually.

Yes I know another person already said it to me.

>> In linuxBIOS I used the superIO winbond W83977TF. According to the
>> documentation of the winbond W83977AF and W83977TF the chip is virtually
>> identical, but the are some difference on the number of I/O programable
>> port.
>>
>> For now I'm blocked. If somebody has a solution for my problem, I thank
>> it
>> by advance.
>
> Without knowing which code you're using we cannot say very much. Can you
> post the full patch of the code you're trying to use?

The code is attach on mail.

> Also, are you sure your null-modem cable is ok? Is it attached to the
> correct COM port? Can you connect to another machine when Linux runs
> (using minicom for example)? Are your BAUD rate settings correct?

My cable is ok I have test it. It is attached on com port one towards
another machine on com port one using Hyperterminal mode with this
parameters 115200 baud, 8bit, no parity, 1 bit stop on com one.
The baud rate is the same in ll of my config file.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Regards.

Ccases