[LinuxBIOS] Issues with Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Apr 4 00:02:37 CEST 2007

Hi there,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 03:45:02PM +0530, Bhavitavya Bhadviya wrote:
>          I just needed to about any issues that are seen with Gigabyte
> GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard (are they serious?). The Supported motherboard(page of
> LinuxBIOS) lists this board but with yellow flag and code (WIP). I would like
> to know in particular what are the troubling issues with it.

Basically, it works, but there is no ACPI support, and the I2C setup seems to
still be lacking somewhat. See the build tutorial here

  http://linuxbios.org/M57SLI-S4_Build_Tutorial

>       Also if some one can suggest me a supported High end Desktop motherboard
> (with socketed BIOS), I would really be obliged.

This board has a soldered BIOS chip, at least the ones we got do. There seems
to be another version out there with socketed chip.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>