[LinuxBIOS] IDE become readonly, why?

Russ Whitaker russ at ashlandhome.net
Thu Apr 5 22:05:34 CEST 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Beneo wrote:

> Yes, see below:
>
> Beneo
>
> ---
> [root@(none) etc]# cat inittab
> #
> # inittab       This file describes how the INIT process should set up
> #               the system in a certain run-level.
> #
> # Author:       Miquel van Smoorenburg, <miquels at drinkel.nl.mugnet.org>
> #               Modified for RHS Linux by Marc Ewing and Donnie Barnes
> #
>
> # Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
> #   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
> #   1 - Single user mode
> #   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have
> networking)
> #   3 - Full multiuser mode
> #   4 - unused
> #   5 - X11
> #   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
> #
> #id:5:initdefault:
> id:3:initdefault:
>
> # System initialization.
> si::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
>
> l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 0
> l1:1:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 1
> l2:2:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 2
> l3:3:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 3
> l4:4:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 4
> l5:5:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 5
> l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6
>
> # Trap CTRL-ALT-DELETE
> ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now
>
> # When our UPS tells us power has failed, assume we have a few minutes
> # of power left.  Schedule a shutdown for 2 minutes from now.
> # This does, of course, assume you have powerd installed and your
> # UPS connected and working correctly.
> pf::powerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +2 "Power Failure; System Shutting Down"
>
> # If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.
> pr:12345:powerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown Cancelled"
>

> # Run gettys in standard runlevels
> co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 115200 vt100
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
> 2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
> 3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
> 4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
> 5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
> 6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

It may, or may not, be the fault of linuxbios:
Things to check for hints:
    dmesg
    /var/log/sys

Usually the root file system is first mounted ro and the startup routine
checks the file system. If ok, root is then remounted rw. Slackware does
this in rc.S.

Did you edit any rc files? if so, you may have forgotten to chmod +x.

   russ