[LinuxBIOS] Update on Idea

Randall Philipson rtphilipson at cox.net
Wed Apr 11 17:15:17 CEST 2007

As an experiential side note on the push tack knob idea, this process does not prevent one from putting the chip in backwards.  By the time you realize what you have done, the knob is starting to melt, so do not attempt to remove the chip with the knob before turning the computer off and waiting for it to cool.  Even then the integrity may be sufficiently damaged that you may need tools to extract it.  Interestingly enough, push pins with the points still on worked surprisingly well for that although I recommend a chip puller if you have it

Randy

P.S.  I'm sure this topic has already become tedious.  I promise this is my last post on it (except responding to questions, if there are any).