[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI-S4 dual bios pins was Re: New with a GA-M57SLI-S4

ST st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 12 15:02:01 CEST 2007

Hi Beth

Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 14:17 schrieben Sie:
> Hi all again (hi ST, yes I am Jose, Beth is a long story :D, some day ...).
Nice hearing from you :-)

> Well I am a bit "disconnected", but, ST are you still interested on
> that I check the pins of the second socket?.
Yes! Especially if you could check the Pins where i have written Error? or
s.t. like that.

Please take a look at:
http://private.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/st/dual_bios_GA-m57SLI-S4.jpg
and read my mail from the 29.03.2007 00:23:"GA-M57SLI-S4 dual bios pins was
Re: New with a GA-M57SLI-S4".

It would be really nice if you could recheck:
* all the "Error?" pins

* If #init is connected to some of the T1X or T2X pins (labeling according to
the linked image above).

* If any of the T3X or T4x pins is really not connected to the pads / flash.

* If any of the "Watchdog" pins are connected to any of the TXX pins.

> What about your discoveries about the #init pin?
See bullet point #1 in the above list.

> Another thing, ST, I bought the chip, an extraction tool and a socket
> from http://bios-repair.co.uk/ , I had a very fluid communication and
> no problems at all with Paul.
Mh, ok. I've got an PLCC32 socket but no bios chip right now :-(.

Thanks
ST