[LinuxBIOS] PLAICE Update

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Apr 17 06:39:07 CEST 2007

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 06:34:46PM -0500, Bari Ari wrote:
>> We also have a complete binary Linux demo for the board
>
> Where is the xmd utility found?

It's in Xilinx Platform Studio. The debug interface on MicroBlaze is
designed to work with the Xilinx Microprocessor Debug Module (MDM) IP
core. The MDM is controlled by the Xilinx Microprocessor Debugger (XMD)
through the JTAG port of the FPGA.

> What's the PC interface to the eval board?

The Xilinx board has USB, serial and Ethernet. The board will interface
to the target mainboard via an adapter cable and plug/socket for the
Flash BIOS device.

-Bari