[LinuxBIOS] Success: GA-M57SLI-S4 dual bios

Beth beth.null at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:13:25 CEST 2007

HI ST, :D congratulations, I imagine that you had passed some busy days ;).

I am waiting for the processor & ram for the board and in a few days I
try it too :).

One question, how did you disabled the soldered bios?, ( I think that
something related with the #init pin, but how? )

Well again congratulations, regardsss.

On 4/17/07, ST <st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am pretty happy that i can report success! Ok, i still don't have any
> Linuxbios running... but yesterday i received the flashchips for the
> GA-M57SLI board. Already programmed with the F8 version of the original bios.
> The onboard bios was flashed to the F7 version. I have soldered a PLCC32
> socket to the board and connected a switch to the open pads. I can now switch
> between the F7 and F8 version. I will post the details as time permits. The
> solution is quite neat and i think it is easier than desoldering a PLCC32
> chip. Soldering is of curse still required but no desoldering.
>
> Next stop will be actually flashing linuxbios.
>
> Thanks for all who helped me out!
> ST
>
> --

José Antonio Robles