[LinuxBIOS] Success: GA-M57SLI-S4 dual bios

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue Apr 17 14:33:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:55:03AM +0200, ST wrote:
> I am pretty happy that i can report success!

Cool.

> The solution is quite neat and i think it is easier than
> desoldering a PLCC32 chip. Soldering is of curse still required but
> no desoldering.

My idea was to just desolder the INIT# pin, never the entire chip. If
it works without desoldering anything then that's good news. :)

Could you try also with a resistor, instead of shorting directly to
ground? About 10k. That would be nicer to the chipset output drivers.
(I wanted to desolder the pin completely for that reason too.)

//Peter