[LinuxBIOS] Success: GA-M57SLI-S4 dual bios

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue Apr 17 16:15:25 CEST 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 03:29:30PM +0200, ST wrote:
> I am not 100% sure that it's an pullup but quite.

Measure resistance to Vdd with power off and power on, perhaps
something can be learned.

> I suspect that INIT# is not connected to the SuperIO since there is
> also RST for the same functionality

Are they connected together? I got the impression that RST# is the
PCI reset and that INIT# comes from somewhere else. I think you
mentioned that RST was constant while INIT had a changing signal
during boot, but maybe I just remember wrong.

> and since this board looks like a non finished DualBios.

Good point. It may be a hack like a pull-up because it doesn't come
with the full timer switch circuit.

> But of course i'd like to hear if s.o. knows better...

Me too, sorry I can't offer anything but speculation.

//Peter