[LinuxBIOS] AMD K8 + K8T890 + VT8237 + Asus A8V-E SE

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Thu Apr 19 09:36:05 CEST 2007

Corey Osgood wrote:
>> Rudolf Marek wrote:
>>> I'm attaching version which works for me (tm)
>>> //    dimm &= 0x0E;
>>> //    dimm |= 0xA1;
>> It works without those? Interesting. I'll try it in a few minutes, see
>> if it works here.
>
> Confirmed: this doesn't work with my board, it doesn't find the dimm at
> all, nor read any of the spd data correctly if forced to. Not quite sure
> why, but I'll investigate it further later. It might be this is done by
> the k8 code before it does smbus_read_byte()?

Yes perhaps. Btw It seems that I need also a bit of warming up the chip so it
works correctly :/ I will investigate. Also It seems I'm stuck with the PCI-E
device mirroring on all addresses. I already programmed all values to match
award values and it still does not work :/ I signed up for VIA datasheet, so we
see what will happen.

Rudolf