[LinuxBIOS] Intel Southbridge ROM Protection mechanism

Darmawan Salihun darmawan.salihun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:22:23 CEST 2007

Hi all,
    I'm new in this community. My name is darmawan from Indonesia. Ok, right
to the matter, does Intel ICH5 southbridge  (or other newer Inte
southbridge) still protects (probably mirrors) the last 8KB block
(bootblock) in the BIOS chip even when the protection bits in Block Locking
Registers (BLRs) has been disabled?
    I experienced weird results between several flashing attempts using
flashrom in Linux. SOme succeeded, some retain the original values. Anyone
has an explanation on the issue?

Regards,
Darmawan