[LinuxBIOS] lxbios bug?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 00:50:18 CEST 2007

Hi, I've thought hard about the "one single place" for V3 config, and
I am thinking we will always have 2 files that define configuration,
like it or not. There will always be some things in Kconfig, and some
things in DTS. DTS describes, for the most part, data structures used
at runtime. Kconfig, for the most part, defines how to build
linuxbios. But in Kconfig there are a very small number of things
related to runtime -- CMOS options being one of them, we hope, And in
DTS there may be things related to how to build linuxbios (Although I
can't think of one at present).

There is some small overlap. I think there always may be. We should
work to minimize the overlap, but not go too crazy if we can't remove
it all.

Just a meta-thought on the Kconfig vs. DTS discussion.

thanks

ron