[LinuxBIOS] m57sli-s4 and i2c

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Apr 27 22:09:31 CEST 2007

Hi YH,

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:47:23PM -0700, yhlu wrote:
> The easy way You could compare the superio (ite8716) reg info between
> legacy BIOS and LinuxBIOS.

Right. I've actually succeeded to activate the EC for the it8716f superio,
and to enable fan control, by working from the datasheet and the it87 driver
in the Linux kernel.

But I'd like to compare the registers to see the temperature/voltage sensor
calibration that is done in the proprietary BIOS.

How would I read those registers from userspace? I've looked around with
Google, but I can't seem to find an answer. I presume lspci is out, since the
superio hangs off the isa bus.

Thanks,
Ward.

--