[LinuxBIOS] Tyan S2882 Payload

James E. Bradley jebradley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 05:41:09 CEST 2007

>> For the record, I build FILO with 4.1.1 without problems. Maybe this
>> is a 64/32 problem, I'm just on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
>>

> Yeah, that rings a bell. I think I saw this on x86_64 - could not compile
> FILO with gcc 4.0 or 4.1, but it did work with gcc 3.4.

I did get a payload compiled on my laptop (i686) using gcc-3.4.6.  I
couldn't get it to compile on the S2882.
The payload still has some problems, though, as it only allows me to
boot to a grub prompt. I don't get it show the grub menu, or boot the
default settings,, but I do get a display, so I'm making progress.