[LinuxBIOS] IRQ plz help!

Juergen Beisert juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de
Wed May 30 21:23:33 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 15:34, Thomas Ekstrand wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This is most certainly incredible easy for some but I feel lost in the
> dark! :) I want to use linuxbios on a custom system board based on the
> broadcom blast. It boots like a charm but most of the IRQs are wrong. The
> default is wrong and the getpir generated table is bogus and after
> filling the irq_table.c manually there is still no change!
> It seems as it doesn't matter what I put in the irq_tables.c.

How did you try it? With Linux? Does Linux support your interrupt router?
When I tried to create a valid irq_table it took me hours to see, Linux didn't
know my router. After adding this support it worked immediately.

> It is so frustrating to have a working system that can't do anything
> because of the missing irqs, how do you guys do it? I have'nt found
> anyone with a similar problem on the list!

Did you tried with "irqpoll" as kernel parameter? Maybe it could help to find
the real interrupt routing.

Juergen