[LinuxBIOS] Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Sep 3 23:34:48 CEST 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 09:24:42PM +0100, Jack Wasey wrote:
> > But is the nForce4 really supported? Is it just another name for
> > MCP55?
>
> Maybe... but it says "OK" on the status page.

Cool. Can you send lspci from a running system?

> I did read that the DualBIOS won't get me out of trouble if I flash
> with linuxbios. This would seem like a useful thing to be able to
> use, if possible.

Not possible. DualBIOS is a software thingy that Gigabyte seem to
market rather loudly.

There are pads for a second flash chip on the rev 1 board though, so
maybe you can reverse engineer the schematics for the board enough to
make a dual flash chip mod similar to the on for M57SLI. Then you
have a physical switch, anything else is just not very useful.

The other option is to swap pushpinflash (chips with glued on plastic
knob) back and forth - works fine too. :)

//Peter