[LinuxBIOS] buildrom

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Sep 4 00:22:24 CEST 2007

On 02/09/07 15:39 -0400, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> I've been working on adding support for the m57sli to buildrom. I'm almost
> there - particularly I've got filo and linux-as-a-bootloader (lab) going. Lab
> has a stripped down 2.6.22.2 kernel and a tiny initrd in a 1MB rom chip (25K
> to spare :), configured to kexec another kernel from disk. I need to do a bit
> more testing but I intend to have filo and lab fully functional, and
> hopefully I'll also have time to look at other payloads.
>
> Now; before I post my patches to the list for review, I'd like to know what
> the current thinking is on the future of buildrom.
>
> There are a couple of issues with buildrom as it stands today:
>
> a) it's v2 only

We are working on this - by the time something real boots with V3, so will
buildrom.. :)

> b) there is no standardized way to use a different initrd 'skeleton' for a specific board

No, there really isn't.  The LAB stuff has really fallen into disrepair
since the fork from OLPC.  If you are interested in beating it into shape,
then please, by all means.

> c) there is no standardized way to have different LinuxBIOS Config.lb files for a
> particular board, based on the payload

Not sure what you mean by this.  Do you have an example?

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer