[LinuxBIOS] A question of support... (GX1/CS5530/PC97317)

Gavin Groce unmanaged at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 04:19:19 CEST 2007

I have a general question of compatibility for the list.

I have a system that was developed by antex electronics.
It is currently booting windows ce and has General Software's Embedded BIOS 4.3.

I have tried different linux flavors and get a kernel panic (EIP?) at boot ....

General Software pointed me to the mailing list due to the fact that I
am a end user that they will not provide support to and Antex will not
contact me.

The information on the board is as follows:

Geode GX1 300b-85-2.0
CS5530A-UCE (VS121AB / VSC) 2000 3.0
Super I/O PC97317 IBW/VUL (VS0030AP)

The BIOS says it is a 'Unicorn Evaluation Board' ...

The only motherboard markings are : F2443-4-1 Rev F Antex Electronics 2001

NSC DS14185 EIA/TIA-232 3 Driver x 5 Receiver (Serial) ...

2-megabit (256K x 8) OTP EPROM AT27C020 with the label AXBIOS_E on it (was)...

74ABT16244 16-Bit Buffer/Line Driver with 3-STATE Outputs

Conexant CX88168-11 Smartscm/56 (modem?)

Altera epm70325 with a sticker that says AX ISA_C on it. (another OTP EPROM??)

I tried to put a windows OS on it but it is painfully (useless) slow
and this would make a great server as it is in a desktop component
style case (think home stereo) ...

Some of this info might help and some of it might be TMI but

Any help would be great other wise it is going to get stuck into the
closet with the rest of the projects that died...

Gavin