[LinuxBIOS] M57SLI Revision 2 SPI

echelon at free.fr echelon at free.fr
Fri Sep 7 20:43:29 CEST 2007

 Hmmm..
 When you took contact with Gigabyte, did you clearly told them that you have a
SPI revision of their board?
 For my part, I desoldered the SPI flash chip on my board and took a look at it
with a powerfull glass and found that, in fact, they use a MX25L4005A chip from
MXC.
 But that doesn't matter a lot I think.. I found that many SPI flash use the
same protocol (CFI?) for programming, so adding support in flashrom should be
easy, now that we already know that the controller of the SPI signals is the
SuperIO chip..
 Hope this helps..
  Florentin