[LinuxBIOS] different versions of the GA-M57SLI-S4 (PLCC vs SPI)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Sep 11 21:09:58 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 05:47:53AM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> I use Chemtronics Chem-Wik Desoldering Braid. It seems to work
> really well. It sucks up all the solder so the pads are left pretty
> much bare:-)

Yeah - braid is good! Sometimes there can still be a very small
amount of solder left though, so that a lot more force is needed to
lift the pin - in that case just heating the pad quickly works well.

Removing as much solder as possible is good also because the pin
doesn't have to be lifted as high from the board to break the joint -
which means less risk of breaking the pin in the process.

//Peter