[LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Re: AMD 690G chipset support in LinuxBIOS v2]

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Fri Sep 14 18:09:42 CEST 2007

Rasmus Wiman wrote:
> "Marc Jones" <marc.jones at amd.com> wrote:
>
>> The register documents have not been released. As Rasmus pointed out,
>> the datasheets that have been released don't contain the registers.
>> Marc
>
> Are you held back by legal stuff or is it just the fact that it's of
> ATI origin? Also, is ACPI done by someone else who requires NDA like on
> the MCP55 or can one expect functional Powernow in a future 690
> Linuxbios?
>
> /Rasmus

To be honest, I don't know all the details. Being a LB developer I would
like to see the documents released but I don't know how or when that
will happen. As for ACPI, when I do get a chance to work on the 690/600,
there shouldn't be any NDA issues (obviously since I am an AMD
employee). It is an internal requirement to have PowerNow working with LB.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer