[LinuxBIOS] i82801DB PCI Bridge locking up

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Fri Sep 14 19:30:36 CEST 2007

Quoting Tom Sylla <tsylla at gmail.com>:

> joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> So, I should just need to clear any parity and serr errors after
>> pci_bus_enable_resources() function runs but before the
>> pci_dev_enable_resources() function runs. Like this:
>
> Well, my suggestion was only to try that as a debug tactic. PERR or
> SERR set is probably something bad: misconfigured or misbehaving
> hardware. I don't know if blindly clearing them at first is the right
> solution, especially for all boards.
>
> It is only an interesting piece of data if that fix works reliably on
> your board.

Well I figured out what the problem is. I have a parity error in the
PD_STS?Primary Device Status Register 0x06 and can't clear the bit 15.
When I try it just goes back to 0x8080. I am supposed to be able to
clear this bit by writing a 1 to the bit location. Why won't it let me
clear this bit?? Hugh...this is so frustrating...I am so close:-(

Thanks - Joe