[LinuxBIOS] MSI MS-6337 (i815 based)

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:36:34 CEST 2007

Jouni Mettälä wrote:
> I tried to flash. MS-6337 with recently added MS-6178. It was needed
> to put WP# and TBL# pins to high but since another chip is in use it
> is ok.
>
> With filo as payload, post card gave 10 ... pause... 80,  f8, fe
> ..short pause and ff. (+ some other codes between them)
>
> So at least ram is ok I think.
>
> With very small kernel as payload post card gave just ff.
>
> I didn't do any modifications to MS6178. Probably some is needed.
>
> Any suggestions?

Do you have a second computer and a null modem serial cable? If so,
please hook it up and see what's coming out of the serial port (I hope
you have the same super io). VGA is not currently working on the i810.
Also, I hope you have the original BIOS on another chip, some registers
are different on the i815 and it won't work out of the box.

-Corey