[LinuxBIOS] buildrom

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:08:33 CEST 2007

2007/9/16, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de>:

> I'm not so sure. Maybe it actually _is_ a good idea to integrate (parts
> of) buildrom in the v3 build process? It would sure make the
> "user experience" better. The question is how much work this will be.
> I guess we'd want to change quite a lot of buildrom's inner workings in
> that case (and v3's for that matter). If so, we should keep buildrom
> as a separate project in v2, but integrate it completely in v3.
>
> Comments?

I think this is a good idea. Currently the most hard work is not to
compile LinuxBIOS, but it is compile and create an rootfs. I used
buildroot to create the LBdistro (my dirt hack) and I think buildroot
can be integrated as an option to compile a LAB (Linux As Bootloader
but we can refer it also as Linux As Bios).

I think it can be checkbox option to call the buildroot and compile
linux and all programs.

> Uwe.

cheers,

Alan