[LinuxBIOS] buildrom

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Sep 17 01:15:49 CEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 04:53:54PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > we don't want to put busybox and kernel builds into v3.
>
> I'm not so sure. Maybe it actually _is_ a good idea to integrate
> (parts of) buildrom in the v3 build process?

There's still a point in keeping the LB/v3 product.

But there's also a point in making a distinct product, more like a
full-featured toolbox. Sounds like buildrom, no?

I think buildrom is good and an important product too.

I do think the two should be integrated - but the idea is to
consider buildrom a solution and LB a technology if I understood
Ron correctly. I like that thinking.

So the integration boils down to making it very natural to do
whatever is neccessary for v3 as part of using buildrom to build
a rom image.

//Peter