[LinuxBIOS] Missing IRQ table entries; irq_tables.c problem?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Sep 19 10:20:51 CEST 2007

* Juergen Beisert <juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de> [070919 09:29]:
> Yes. It only supports the CS5520. If it detects the CS5530 it states:
>
> PCI: Using IRQ router NatSemi [1078/0100] at 0000:00:12.0
>
> But does not touch any register. My upstream patch was rejected, as it breaks
> all the lousy CS5520 targets with broken IRQ routing tables.
>
> But I can live with the patch on my target. Nevertheless I would be
> happy when LB does this job itself.

I remember a valid workaround in such cases was to choose a compatible
interrupt router (is the cs5520 compatible to the 5530 one?) and specify
it's vendor id and device id in the corresponding fields in the PIRQ
table. IIRC at some point most AMD64 boards' pirq tables would state
they have an AMD 768 controller. The bus/dev/fn would point to the
real physical device though. So the vid/did in the pirq table are rather
a code path selector than a real device/vendor id.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613