[LinuxBIOS] Enabling APIC

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:57:54 CEST 2007

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I'm attaching my ACPI/IRQ related files, ACPI on my machine works (I'm
> getting
> power button events) and all IRQ are working too. I'm not supporting
> the PIC at all.
>
> You need to compile the dsdt.asl with iasl -tc and then rename it from
> dsdt.hex
> to dsdt.c.
>
> You need to have PMIO at 0x500 and free IRQ9.
>
> Please consider those files as work in progress, they may lack correct
> copyright
> header, or expose some no good mess ;)  Good news is that they DO work.
>
> I will release them all in some point in the future, now I'm fixing
> the AMD K8
> DDR setup.
>
> For example I dont know if vt8237_lpc.c is clean enough to be
> released? (I think
> all it needs is just indent -kr -i8)
>
> Rudolf

Thanks, I'll have a look at these tomorrow. For some reason, ACPI on my
system doesn't work (produces the error I had before) if the base is set
to 0x500, but it does work with 0x400 (the factory slot). Also, a quick
peak at your irq_tables.c tells me they're probably no good, the correct
IRQ router is 0x3227, not 0x596. I'm not sure if your acpi tables would
do any good on my system or not, where they're entirely different
northbridges, but can't hurt to give it a whirl.

-Corey