[LinuxBIOS] dealing with "fake" NBs from the LB perspective

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Sep 23 21:20:00 CEST 2007

Hello,

Soon I will need decision where to put the K8T890 (K8 platform) NB code.

Solutions as suggested by uwe_

1) add new "northbridge chip" to config.lb, place it in src/northbridge

This means not only mem cotroller chip are northbridges

2) put "southbridge chip" statement to config.lb place it in src/southbridge

This means it is SB chip from the perspecitvethat only real NB have memory
cotroller.

Please tell me where I should put the NB code, and what to write to config LB?
Note that the VT8237 SB can be paired with many different northbridges.

Thank you,

Rudolf