[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom -- Current Status

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Sep 24 16:46:32 CEST 2007

On 23/09/07 13:49 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 19.09.2007 07:34, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> > I've bought an AMD690G system for further development. Nonetheless, there's
> > a problem with the datasheets.
> > The SB600 datasheet from AMD documents informs nothing about the PCI
> > registers pertaining to "flash enable".
>
> Since AMD has released detailed datasheets for a few ATI graphics cards
> in the last few days, I expect detailed SB600 datasheets may be on the
> horizon as well if we ask nicely.

I believe we've answered this before - but again, we're just engineers much
like you all.   The folks that make these decisions are far removed from us.
In fact, we would like these specifications as much as you; since we
are open source engineers, we try to stay away from information that may
harm our ability to freely contribute to the public code.

I know they are aware of the demand for these datasheets, but there are
other forces at work that preclude us just asking nicely, for now.  I promise
that once any information becomes available that will interest this
group, you will be the first to know.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse