[LinuxBIOS] LAR verison field

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Sep 24 17:15:58 CEST 2007

On 22/09/07 22:19 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 12.09.2007 21:41, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 10:39 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> >> hi, we rejected this idea, right? I am trying to catch up on un-acked patches.
> >
> > What about adding then a version string (to a fixed position) in stage1?
> > For user-space tools to handle multiple versions.
>
> I still like the versioning idea. Can we discuss it again since there
> was no final rejection?

I still like it.  I don't mind putting the version in the header at all -
we don't need an 8 character magic value - we can truncate it and put the
header in there - we probably only need two characters anyway - how many
header versions do we think we're going to have?  :)

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer