[LinuxBIOS] sata issues on tyan s2891

Roman Kononov kononov at dls.net
Tue Sep 25 02:38:10 CEST 2007

On 09/24/2007 03:41 PM, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> Any thoughts?

I have s2892 and Sun Ultra40, which have ck804 too. Linux can only detect
one hard drive per SATA controller. The second drive is either undetected or
times out. On s2892, some HD types, presumably all SATA-II, (Hitachi
HDS7280SA for instance), are detected at boot time, but miserably fail
later, with lots of log messages from the kernel driver. I compared the PCI
configuration registers (other than BARs, MSI, etc.) left by LinuxBIOS and
the factory BIOS: they were different.

Roman