[LinuxBIOS] Ethernet problem with GeodeLX (db800) with running lxbios

Steffen D. ml at saxnet.de
Tue Sep 25 09:27:57 CEST 2007

Marc Jones schrieb
> OK. I think is see the problem. Bus Master Enable and Memory Enable
> aren't enabled in the command register. I am not sure why the Memory
> Enable isn't set. LinuxBIOS should set that and this seems to be a
> problem in the LB generic pci init code (Anyone care to debug this?). I
> think that the driver should enable the Bus Master and LB shouldn't need
> to touch it (I would be interested in other opinions on this).
>
> Try:
>  >setpci 00:0d.0 COMMAND=7

Hmm syntax problem? i dont find out why the usage output comes out...

node:~# setpci 00:0d.0 COMMAND=7
-f              Don't complain if there's nothing to do
-v              Be verbose
-D              List changes, don't commit them
-P <dir>        Use specified directory instead of /proc/bus/pci
-H <mode>       Use direct hardware access (<mode> = 1 or 2)
-F <file>       Read configuration data from given file
-G              Enable PCI access debugging
        |       -d [<vendor>]:[<device>]
<reg>:          <number>[.(B|W|L)]
     |          <name>
<value>:        <hex>