[LinuxBIOS] r2811 - trunk/util/flashrom

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 18:04:11 CEST 2007

On 27.09.2007 17:53, Peter Stuge wrote:
> So, I should have reviewed sooner.

Thanks for reviewing now. I will take your comments into account for the
ongoing rewrite/restructuring.

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 04:29:57PM +0200, svn at openbios.org wrote:
>> +/* Generic Super I/O helper functions */
>> +uint8_t regval(uint16_t port, uint8_t reg)
>> +{
>> +	outb(reg, port);
>> +	return inb(port + 1);
>> +}
>> +
>> +void regwrite(uint16_t port, uint8_t reg, uint8_t val)
>> +{
>> +	outb(reg, port);
>> +	outb(val, port + 1);
>> +}
>
> I would have liked better names for these functions.

Straight copy from flashrom. If we can agree to a new name, we have to
patch flashrom as well.

>> +/* Helper functions for most recent ITE IT87xx Super I/O chips */
>> +#define CHIP_ID_BYTE1_REG	0x20
>> +#define CHIP_ID_BYTE2_REG	0x21
>> +static void enter_conf_mode_ite(uint16_t port)
>> +{
>> +	outb(0x87, port);
>> +	outb(0x01, port);
>> +	outb(0x55, port);
>> +	if (port == 0x2e)
>> +		outb(0x55, port);
>> +	else
>> +		outb(0xaa, port);
>> +}
>> +
>> +static void exit_conf_mode_ite(uint16_t port)
>> +{
>> +	regwrite(port, 0x02, 0x02);
>> +}
>> +
>> +static uint16_t find_ite_serial_flash_port(uint16_t port)
>> +static void it8716_serial_rdid(uint16_t port)
>> +static int it87xx_probe_serial_flash(const char *name)
>
> This is still in a generic file, right? Shouldn't these be in an ITE
> file?

The functions (except it8716_serial_rdid, which is splitted) are
somewhat mainboard-specific and belong to board_enable.c IMHO. However,
the SPI specific stuff will be moved to spi.c.

Carl-Daniel