[LinuxBIOS] W39V040BPZ or vt8237. Flashing problems.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 02:54:49 CEST 2007

On 9/28/07, Adam Talbot <talbotx at comcast.net> wrote:
> -Ron
> Just tried the Jetway board.  Flashed just fine.  Seems to be a problem
> with the PCChips board.  What should I start checking?

the partial flash is very confusing. That's usually a caching
interaction. But MTRRs are not set to cache that region. If there were
no flashing, then it would likely be a GPIO that disables flash
writes. If we can get linuxbios up on this PCChips board we can see if
flash works then. There may be SMM stuff going on here too.

ron