[coreboot] via vt82c686 southbridge

Daniel Lindenaar daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu
Wed Sep 3 21:02:39 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,
I'm working on getting coreboot going on my 'thintune'. It's a thin
client PC with a custom motherboard based on the via vt8601 North and
vt82c686b south. I'm using coreboot v2 since v3 was stated to be
unstable (Is this the best choice?).

I started out by porting some of the code for the 82c686 from the v1
project and using the code for the vt8235 to structure it in the v2 way.
I've no clue if I've done it right or not, but there doesn't seem to be
very much documentation on that (feel free to point out if there is...).

I'm currently trying to get it built, but just found out that SMBus
seems to be needed for the RAM stuff, so I'm porting it over from the 8235.

Any tips, tricks and remarks are welcome. I'll give word when it
compiles and I've done a test boot.

regards,
Daniel Lindenaar