[coreboot] dtc patch: make all names unique, misc. cleanup, more to come

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 02:59:09 CEST 2008

btw, I'm pretty happy with how this previous patch is working. It took
me about 5 mins to make the last mod and now I have this:

struct device dev_root = {
	.path = { .type = DEVICE_PATH_ROOT },
	.next = &dev_cpu_0,
	.link = {
		[0] = {
			.dev = &dev_root,
			.link = 0,
			.children = &dev_cpu_0
		},
		[1] = {
			.dev = &dev_root,
			.link = 0,
			.children = &dev_apic_0
		},
		[2] = {
			.dev = &dev_root,
			.link = 0,
			.children = &dev_domain_0
		},
	},
	.links = 3,
	.bus = &dev_root.link[0],
	.next = &dev_cpu_0,
	.ops = &default_dev_ops_root,
	.dtsname = "root",
	.enabled = 1
};

Multiple links that work. Does this work? I don't know.

I am not sure this it totally right yet, however:
struct device dev_domain_0 = {
	.path = {.type=DEVICE_PATH_PCI_DOMAIN,{.pci_domain={ .domain = 0x0 }}},
	.device_configuration = &domain_0,
	.ops = &geodelx_north_domain,
	.link = {
		[0] = {
			.dev = &dev_domain_0,
			.link = 0,
			.children = &dev_pci_0_0_1_0
		},

		[1] = {
			.dev = &dev_domain_0,
			.link = 0,
			.children = &dev_pci_0_0_f_0
		},
		[2] = {
			.dev = &dev_domain_0,
			.link = 0,
			.children = &dev_pci_0_0_f_2
		},
	},
	.links = 3,
	.bus = &dev_root.link[2],
	.dtsname = "domain_0",
	.enabled = 1
};

Anyway, no further progess is possible on k8 until this is working as
the v2 config tool did for multiple links. It's the current
showstopper. So we need to solve it. I'm totally out of the loop
starting, well, very soon now and for next 10 days, so those with a
better idea are welcome to implement it :-)

ron