[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Sep 8 01:14:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 10:44:11PM +0200, Rudolf Marek wrote:
>> Is it doable to determine coreboot RAM location at runtime?
>
> Hmm I dont know how v3 works. But ACPI assumes that there must be 8MB
> from the 1MB continuous, so maybe we can even do a hole after 8MB ;)
> (and call it ACPI NVS, for example).

That wont work.  I read some spec that demanded continuous ram from
0-16MB, and I thus inferred that I could put a hole after 16MB.
Unfortunately after I did this, I found that it broke some linux
installers.  I believe they had a large initrd which consumed more
than the first 16MB of ram.

Putting the hole at the end of ram definitely works though.

-Kevin