[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:15:57 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:

> roughly:
> asm volatile ("movl newstack, %eax\n movl %eax, %esp\n")

and your entire call chain and all automatics on the stack are gone.
And you can't return from disable_car.

Moving the stack in the general case won't work. Better to call
another function -- i.e. disable_car never returns -- that's we do do
in v2 today.

> We could set up a relocation mapping. That's what FILO does to cope with
> this issue.

It seems kind of complex and it is very architecture dependent. If we
assume there is no return from disable_car, life is very much simpler.

ron