[coreboot] Convert Assembly JMP to C

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Sep 11 23:49:17 CEST 2008

OK,
My JMP question is about copying a drives mbr to memory 0x7c00 and or
0x0600 at 512 byte
blocks. Which is doable. I haven't decided wetheir to try Ron's suggestion
and try to execute the mbr (hence the JMP question) OR we could even write
code to translate the mbr and JMP/execute directly to the active bootable
partition OR even better we could write code translate the mbr, goto the
active bootable partition and translate it, and JMP/execute right to the
boot manager, thus bypassing a whole bunch of real mode interrupts. What do
you think?

The question is:
Do you know if coreboot ties up any memory at these addresses?

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org