[coreboot] jetway IDE enable strangeness

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Fri Sep 12 00:20:59 CEST 2008

Previously when I was testing the jetway target, I found that the IDE
devices were always enabled, as the mainboard's Config.lb seems to
suggest would be the case.

Today, after running an 'svn up' and reverting the
src/southbridge/via/vt8237r to before the breakage in rev 3567, I found
that the IDE devices aren't ever enabled, no matter what I set for the
values of ide0_enable and ide1_enable in the mainboard's Config.lb.  And
of course, the board won't boot.

I looked in the built target's image/static.c and found the struct
southbridge_via_vt8237r_config with ide0_enable and ide1_enable both set
to 1 as they should be.

But back in src/southbridge/via/vt8237r/vt8237r_ide.c (around line 41),
sb->ide0_enable and sb->ide1_enable are both 0.

Forcing them to 1 there causes the devices to be enabled, and then the
system will boot.

But the question is, what's going on there? Why are these values set to
0?  Is ide_init accessing chip_info for the wrong device?  Does anyone
have any ideas?

-Alex Mauer "hawke"