[coreboot] Convert Assembly JMP to C

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Sep 12 01:14:09 CEST 2008

> As for a new standard I think we should start out by evaluating all
> current disklabel schemes to see what state of the art is, and how we
> can improve upon it.

Ahh, that is the whole point I'm trying to get accross. I have been
studying
mbrs/partition tables and how they work, and what data is contained in
them. I really think it is possible to take the data from the mbr/partition
table and manipulate it to our advantage, thus bypassing ALL real mode
interrupts. The problem would be if an OS (like windows) deciedes to make a
INT call....

But for Linux, I really feel it is possible.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org