[coreboot] Convert Assembly JMP to C

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Sep 12 04:31:00 CEST 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:
> So for Linux do you mean reading /etc/fstab to find the /boot label
> and going from there???

No, that is a much later problem.

We are at the stage when all we know are physical hard drives, and we
want to look up where an operating system is, and how we start it.

The how may be answered by multiboot.

The where is your mission, should you choose to accept it.

Where in this case means which physical drive, which partition and
which file.

Look at the different existing solutions for this problem to see if
one of them will work for us, or if they can be improved upon to fit.

//Peter