[coreboot] FILO creating filo.conf

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Sep 12 21:45:28 CEST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:40:09 -0700, "ron minnich" <rminnich at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>
wrote:

>> On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:37:41 +0200, Stefan Reinauer
> <stepan at coresystems.de>
>> wrote:
>>> I think this might be even better...
>>>
>>> writing to drives from firmware might be a bad idea,
>>>
>> Why? Even if it is simple text file?
>
> yes. It's very worrisome to people. I did my little bios virus for DOE
> and people were somewhat unhappy to learn how easy it is :-)
> It's never possible to put the words simple and file and write in the
> same sentence :-)

Maybe so for a virus. But when it allows an end user to have a completely
configurable boot loader...
I wish I knew a way to allocate a small read/write space at the end of the
payload space (flash) (10k would be plenty), it would make the process
painless and seamless...

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org