[coreboot] FILO creating filo.conf

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Sep 12 21:55:48 CEST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:46:57 -0700, "ron minnich" <rminnich at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>
wrote:

>> Maybe so for a virus. But when it allows an end user to have a
> completely
>> configurable boot loader...
>
> If people want it I guess. But we computer people need to be more
> careful about opening holes to provide features. Just look at the
> state of the internet for a reason why....

true.
Well, how about this then. Instead of FILO writing the file we could just
provide a generic filo.conf. The first time the user boots up they will
have to manually boot. Once they are in Linux they can just copy the
filo.conf to their first drive, first partion, root directory. Ahh, but
that will still defeat the purpose, because it will still not be
configurable from FILO at bootup, just read only... huh, my brain is
starting to hurt.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org