[coreboot] FILO creating filo.conf

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Sat Sep 13 17:02:38 CEST 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:20:22 +0200, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>
wrote:
> Joseph Smith wrote:
>> Ok, now were getting somewhere. This area is also used for the coreboot
>> CMOS/NVRAM table correct? What is the maximum bytes the coreboot
> CMOS/NVRAM
>> table uses? And how many bites could we allocate for FILO to use?
>>
> Some of the space is reserved for the coreboot normal/fallback mechanism
> and some for the real time clock.
>
> See your mainboard's cmos.layout. Most of the stuff is copied from other
> boards and can be removed.

Great so far the requirements I'm thinking include:

a byte for the boot method:
0 - firstboot or CMOS cleared(default)
1 - Manual Boot
2 - Command Line boot
3 - filo.conf boot

a byte for auto boot time out specified in seconds

and the rest for ASCII text which would include one of two things:

a kernel command line

or

a pointer to filo.conf on the hard drive

What do you think?

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org